Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Crap Directions!!

(Warning to all my friends: From now on *this* is what happens when U give me crap directions -- especially when I'm feeling like shit from a *mega* hangover!! There is an evil, drunken wench living in this body! Remember, dear friends, remember....)

Dear readers, as you know I was invited today by my friend, L, a Frenchman who organised a New Year's "BYO" Galette Party. L, often organises parties at his home, but, for some unknown reason, I always end up missing it, because I am either working, or working. Or both.

This time I just could not miss his party, and give him a poor excuse like, "well, I can't make it, coz I'm hungover...", even if I *was/am* truely hungover, so I decided to go.

Ok, L, so how do I get to your house?

You've never been here?

No, I *miss* your parties all the time. Plus I've been living in HK 'til April this year. The last time I made it to one of your "parties", you were living in your old place, remember? Where's the nearest station? How do I get to your house?

I live in Motoazabu, nearest station is Azabujyuban. Just look for Motoazabu Hills, it's easy.

Ok... I don't know how to get to Motoazabu Hills, remember, I haven't been living in Tokyo for 8 months so I don't know all these new buildings. I will call you when I get to the station. You can give me directions from there.

And sure enuf, dear readers, I got out of the station and gave my friend a call.
Ok, I came out of exit 1, how do I get to your place?

Ok, walk towards Roppongi Hills (shit, more bloody "hills"), and you will see a huge building shaped like a mushroom. You can't miss it.

(WTF? A building shaped like a mushroom?! What kind of crap direction is this!)

I'm hung over and tired, but I want to make it to my friend's party so I decided to walk towards Roppongi Hills. I am nearly there, but no *sign* of a mushroom-shaped building.

So I call him up again.

Listen, I'm standing at the crossing where if I turn left I end up in Roppongi. I see Roppongi Hills in front of me. And there is a "coin-operated" car park on the corner.

Ok, what you need to do is turn right. Go down, then up. You will see a huge building shaped like a mushroom. Call me when you get there.

Eh? Go down then up? Fuck-me-backwards-with-a-barge-pole! What is this? Go down, then up? WHAT KIND OF CRAP DIRECTIONS ARE THESE!!!

Luckily, I'm not a Piscean, like Jesus, so I have some "sense" of direction. I figured out that if I just turn right, and keep walking up a hill(?) I will see this "mushroom-shaped building".

I chanted to myself: mushroom-shaped building, mushroom-shaped building... and eventually got to see a tall building on top of a hill. This must be it -- I suppose it has a unique shape -- it's kinda "top heavy" looking, but I would never call it a "mushroom-shaped building".

I call my friend up.

OK, I'm here, what room number are you?

OK -- I'll come and pick you up.

Huh? You don't live here??

WTF!!!!!!!!!

Fine, I'm sitting under a *tree* at this "mushroom-shaped building". Come and see if you can find me....

(there you go! *crap directions* for you, my friend!!)


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Not only does my friend *not* reside at this mushroom shaped building, but he also lives in a building where -- get this, dear readers -- the *entrance* is on the 3rd level!!!
I'm HUNGOVER!! I do not need crap directions and funky apartments to deal with!!! I had a HUGE SHOCK trying to leave your place, thought I was lost when I pressed "1" in the lift to get out, didn't I? NO ENTRANCE ON THE GROUND FLOOR!! HOW CAN U POSSIBLY LIVE IN A FLAT WITH A THIRD FLOOR ENTRANCE!! IT FREAKED ME OUT!!!!!
(right, as soon as I hit the "publish post" button, I'm going to *email* this post to him!!)
Evil, drunken wench resides within....

4 comments:

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

*done* I just emailed his crap directions to him!!

HA!

evil, dear friends, evil resides within the DWR!

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

ah yes. that is soooo much better! thx for the directions!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Drunken? Sounds more like you're hyperventilating - just don't. Drink more of that OZ red (where DID the rest of that case go?), yup ... like that. So much nicer than doin' the hyper thang - cheap buzz/horrid headache... :P

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

oh no, I've been on the Shochu and Awamori (okinawan distilled liquor... luckily I have not taken to carrying my hooch in a brown paper bag.

Yet.