Thursday, January 13, 2005

Venus In Sagittarius

My sun sign is Libra, a sign associated with relationships. We are the serial monogomists, and the romantics of the zodiac. True. But why am I a serial monogamist with *gaps* -- huge gaps in between my relationships. And why is it that I go from one serial "fuck-buddy" to another (must admit I don't have more than one fuck buddy at a time- that's my rule. Serial Monogamy.) What is going on? Why does the DWR, who is in love with the idea of being in love (again) not even getting LAID?

There is something "funky" going on here.

I have a good friend, C, who is a professional astrologer. I know the place and time of birth so she did my charts for me.

"Great! Your Mars is in Taurus, you are tenacious, hard working, oh, and an ascendant in Capricorn. I bet people see you as hard working but with a dry sense of humour, and oooh, your mercury is in Scorpio -- a sharp thinker . You like to analyse things...."

"Ok, C, what about my love life? Where's that Venus chick in my chart?"

"Ummm.. It's in Sagittarius. You'll either marry late, or you'll marry someone from a foreign land, or both."

"Thanks for that, and what's that other thing over there that you put up on my chart?"

"Oh, your moon's in Pisces. "

"Ok... what does that mean?"

"Venus in Sagittarius, and moon in Pisces -- hmmm.... interesting combination."

"I'm fuckt, aren't I?"

"No, no, that's not always true; it's that you have the moon which governs your feelings in a very sensitive area, whereas venus, which governs your lovelife, is in a fire sign that... um.. is in the part of the zodiac associated with travel."

"Ok, are you telling me that I am a fluffy, dreamy, delicate flower who is committment phobic, and I "travel" or walk away from relationships when it get's too serious? Is this why I have more fuck buddies than boyfriends?"

"Oh, I wouldn't put it like that..."

C's prediction was given a further blow when I accompanied my friend, who had just broken up with her boyfriend, to a fortune teller reading Tarot cards in Causway Bay, HK. Just to keep comradeship I had my cards read too. I asked:"So, when am I going to meet my soulmate?"

She turned her cards, and without hesitation she replied: "seven"

Huh? what do you mean seven?

"Oh, you'll meet the man you'll marry in seven year's time." (which willl make me 37?? WTF??)

Brilliant. Fucking brilliant. By then I will be an old, nutcase, and the only people wanting to marry me are already claiming their pensions at the postoffice, waddling in their zimmer-frames, oxygen tank in tow, and just as not with it as I am!!

"You will marry on foreign soil, or someone different from your country, there is a lot of travel here -- you move around too much and you like it. You love like a gypsy, move from one to another, but never unfaithful; always trusting, but you travel from heart to heart. You love like a gypsy."

Jeez, this woman is making me sound like a sugar-coated slapper! So according to two fortune tellers I am going to marry late, I'm going to marry a foreigner, and I now "fall in love like a gypsy".

What the fuck does "falling in love like a gypsy" mean? Huh? Do gypsies fall in love differently from everyone else? Am I afflicted with the Kantgetlaidvirus? If so, I need treatment -- immediately -- gimme one of your shots to get rid of the Kantgetlaidvirus!! I have gone thru my life (max here) without any action for 1.5 years (yes, I am a workaholic), but I'm in my 30s now -- I've reached my sexual peak!! I am as horney as a 17year-old boy who wanks in toilet cubicles at school 3 times a day coz he needs to let it out!!! (ok, not that bad, but anyway in need of punany action -- at least 4 times a year, please! Not got laid since August, so this is *not* a good sign!)

Ok, let's look at the issue rationally, DWR, what does your weekly routine look like?

Monday: Work, maybe go to Yoga if I finish early
Tuesday: Work, maybe have dinner with friend, C., or go to Yoga
Wednesday: Work, go see therapist at 8:00pm, or have dinner with friend -- either C or T.
Thursday: Work, mabe go to Yoga if I finish early
Friday: Work, maybe go out with the girls, go to work functions, go to University Alumni "drop-in" parties
Saturday: Yoga in the morning, sit at cafe eating Galletes, shopping (books, house trinkets, ets). Quick snacks or dinner with friends.
Sunday: Trekking, or bouldering depending on the weather. Spa twice a month for facial/waxing/massage/manecure/pedicure/etc. Dinner with friends.

(If I am not dining with friends on any of these days, I dine alone avec my little ideas notebook drafting another story for the drunken wench ramblings... I return home and type it up, post, reread, edit, post, reread.... probably about 2 or 3 times? Till I'm semi-satisfied; I will go back to posts right back up to october, and if I'm not happy with something I wrote, I will edit and republish...)


Um.... sorry to tell you, DRW, but I think you work too much. You should engage yourself in more activities where you *meet* more men? I mean, Yoga and Trekking? Only women do this in Japan!! Hell, only *old* women go trekking so unless you become a dyke who loves that "older woman" you are really not going to get any action, are you?

SHIT.

Come to think about it, the only men that I know of in my life within "fucking" distance are my platonic friends (i.e. we are mutually not attracted to each other), gay men, oh, and my yoga teachers. But my yoga teachers are just that; I am there to learn yoga from them, not to look for a potential lover. I have better things to do (like yoga -- hello!?) than check out people's arses!

In that case, I need to take up a hobby that lots of men do. Something like fly-fishing, or building my own mother-board (oh no!! the thought of dating a nerd! no way!), or... chick hunting??

Shit.... I'm doomed. Is it time to my profile on an online dating site... again?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Martial arts? Always a fun hobby, mostly dominated by men, who tend to be single because they're overly dedicated to their art.

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

you know, I thought about martial arts, but I just really am not into the "discipline" thing... I was stuck in a boarding school for 8 years, and I think I was traumatised... I get hives when I am around "authority figures".... any other suggestions?

Unknown said...

Maybe a less formal martial art, one without all of the discipline, pomp and ceremony.

Incidentally I love you and want to have your babies. Thank you for the ideas. Fantastic stuff. :D

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

glad to be of help, bunny, if in need of ideas, please drop by and we can "brain storm" anyday; and if I need good tips on "teaching" a system, I will come knocking on your doors.

Anonymous said...

For a man it is just so darn hard to live up to your expectations of what a man should be. I know you are a "thinker", but I believe that in matters of love it is better to "feel" before you think. Not that I am saying that you shouldn't think, just feel first. That way it is much harder to label the person who caught your attention (geek, nerd, drug-dealer, karisma man, etc, etc) and keep an open mind. Maybe he is actually an interesting person, the silly pick up line could have been said only because of shyness.
And regarding putting your faith in astrology and fortune tellers: fate, luck...what the fuck? Life is random and chaotic, shit happens and actually all for a reason. But do we need to know it to be happy? Live, princess, live.

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

ahh, yes that *feeling* thing is something very foreign to me... unfortunately the sad pickup lines just simply turn me off because I *instinctly* know that even if they are shy, if *that* is all they can come up with on the spot, they are likely to bore me once they have a conversation, for you see, I *love* mental masturbation -- even in bed!!! Quick, sharp minds have a high score with the DWR.

Ok, I will reduce my list of things I expect from a man - that I will promise (e.g. they are preferably younger than me), but there are seriously certain things that I just cannot compromise on. Why? Because I wouldn't be happy, and they would be even *more* unhappy if we ever dated... I could be saying nice things and smiling, but the vibes? You just can't hide those things....

All I am looking for is a friend, a lover, a teacher, and a student... If I *feel* that someone is going to be only a lover, or only a student, well, they are not the one for me.

Plus Roppongi (night-life area) is a meat market anyway -- men come up, grope you, rub their grubby bodies on to you, grab you suddenly from behind with a "hey baby" chat up line, if you can call it that. They are just there to pick-up pussy, I can instinctively tell their intensions, I hate it, so that's why I shred their egos with my words. I would rather go up to a man sitting in a cafe and strike up a conversation, just like I did in "Encounters" (it's in Nov. archives). The problem is that many Japanese women accept this awful behaviour of these pussy-seeking Gaijin men, so that they can have a wesutaan boyfriend... and who suffers the most? Women who grew up in the west who will just *not* tolerate behaviour like this. We are humans, and we expect respect from these men who think they are god's gift to women, just because they get treated like Apollo in a land where women are submissive they should not be treating us with their "hey baby"s!!!

I have my persona, I have my expectations, I have me. You can deal with it? Good, let's make love, hold hands, discuss Descartes, tell me about some of the books I have not read, and I will tell you about the books I have, lets go hiking, lets go diving, lets share life... let's fall in love.

Anonymous said...

Hey, that other Anon kinda sounded like me! :| Anyway, funny thing about the discipline you abhor is that you have a lot of it. The issue is that you don't choose to apply the discipline you have, but run when faced with discipline that's not in sync with your discipline. Examples? How about this blog? You love it, as it is you. You work on it ceaselessly and it consumes you while it rejuvenates, non? It *is* you, yet is requires huge dedication - look at the passion, thoughts, energy, emotion, time, and effort you've expended. How about looking for something you love that involves your interests then finding the activities that also have other attributes you'd like (for instance, men!). An additional bonus is that certain martial arts (though most are not truly martial) tend to be excelled at by women because the technique does the work and brute force won't substitute. Basically, if you're doing yoga regularly you are easily capable of joining martial arts schools. Just that the choreography is a bit different. Have to make sure that the life view and values of the dojo match your life view. Added bonus is that it'll give you more of an ability to keep the Drunken One out of harm's way.

Ouija27 said...

7... it is indeed a powerful number. I too had that number come up in my last tarot reading. Very interesting DWR, very interesting indeed. Personally I think the 7 means other things than years as stated by your Tarot card reader, but then again I am not the expert they might have been, but I do think I am on to something.