Monday, January 10, 2005

Prayer For The Stressed...

I'm not at the office today, but whenever I am having one of those "bitch-of-a-day"s at the office, I go back to my email archives to read this wonderful prayer sent to me by one of my ex's (yes, I told you, I have "nice" ex's; actually, I spoke to him only this morning. He called me from Oz, how kind, and thoughtful of him...)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A PRAYER FOR THE STRESSED

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I cannot accept,
and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill today,
because they pissed me off.

And also help me to be careful of the toes I step on today,
as they may be connected to the ass that I may have to kiss tomorrow.

Help me always to give 100% at work:

12% on monday
23% on tuesday
40% on wednesday
20% on thursday
5% on fridays

And help me to remember....
when I'm having a really bad day,
and it seems that people are trying to piss me off,
that it takes 42 muscles to frown and

ONLY 4 to extend my middle finger.

AMEN.

1 comment:

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

yeah, I think we all need a little bit of a "Prayer for the Stressed" occationally! (or for some of us, nearly every day!!!)