Friday, January 07, 2005

Fringe Benefits (Part.... whatever)

As you know I have published in one of my posts a list of hotlines where people in Japan can donate 100yen/per call to UNICEF towards disaster relief in the tsunami affected areas in SouthEast Asia.

Well... some of my friends, including my mother, took *full* advantages of their frindge benefits and made multiple calls from their offices to the Doraemon Donations. I cannot estimate the number of calls made from my friends' offices to this "teledonation" -- COOL!!

I think I will donate 10,000 yen (US$100) -- or maybe more, not too much to get caught -- on my "never-answered" phone from my office on tuesday. (monday is a public holiday)

If you are resourceful, or can find a way to donate money thru your company, do it! Go for it! I have donated money from my personal phone, but, well, my company can pay too. Make sure you use a different "phone" each time you call up the teledonations, just in case they track you down. (Make sure you pick da right aid agency tho', there are many out there trying to scam you by pulling on your heart strings).

I'm not a medical professional. Nor am I an environmental engineer. I'm a blogger in a suit, and this is the best that I can do. I'm going to donate money thru my company. They have enuf money, so they can pay up! I pay my taxes, and peddle my arse; I see nothing wrong with using my fringe benefits in this manner. (I bet their phone bills are tax deductable anyway!!)

Use your imagination -- tithe away to the right places, thru the right means!!! There are people who used to live in paradise needing our assistance.

(Right, Pink Elephant, Arse Peddlin' Company, you are going to be doing good -- for once -- thru me!!!

No comments: