Saturday, January 15, 2005

I Share DNA With A Mad Woman

I kid you not, dear readers, there is a crazy wench-mum living under the same roof as me. I usually tend to ignore her rantings, for instance she bitches about me to my cats, she talks to her alarm clock, and I have often caught her singing lullabies to her chopsticks. Oh and she also talks to herself, frequently, but this is "normal" behaviour for the wench-mum. Today, however, I was disturbed by her actions while I was writing emails to my friends; I am seriously thinking about putting myself up for clinical trials for gene therapy to remove this woman's genes.

She sat in her chair reading the newspaper, and suddenly raised her arms in the air, started to wave them ("Blllluuuuuuurrrrr"), and "wiggle".

WTF? Oh she's really lost it now. Fuck!

Ummm.... mum, what are you doing?

I'm wiggling.

Yes, I can see that. But why?

Oh, well my hands are puffy from oedema, and I was just reading here the benefits of "wiggling" as a form of excersise. See? My hands are all puffy.

Huh... Mum, get out of your chair, *walk*, do some physical excersise; the reason why you are "puffy" is probably because you have really bad flow in your lymphatic system, raising your arms and wiggling in your chair is probably not going to do anything. Plus have you actually *moved* from your chair today? huh? I left this morning at 9am to go to Yoga, and I come back at 6pm only to see you in the same spot that I left you. Have you taken your nitro and your low-col pills? Maybe that's also the issue.

Of course I moved. I fed the cats, went to the toilet, and I made lunch. And was it today that I am supposed to take my low-col pills? I'm constipated. I had noodles for lunch. Oh look at that on the TV!

(Fuck, this woman needs help. She's stringing random words together, and she needs to get out of this fucking HOUSE!!!)

I have put up with her singing, I have put up with her monologs while *I* am trying to tell her that there needs to be some "sorting" in this house, I have put up with her sudden giggling, her thowing things at the TV when she sees corrupt officials; she walks in a straight line, but tell her to come back and she will get lost. This woman is a fucking nutcase!!! And she claims to be my mother?!

My brother has given up on her, he comes to this house when he knows when she is out, for he just does not want to get involved with her mad rantings. I am almost convinced that she has early onset of altzheimers, however I know this is not the case because how can you "lose" what you never had in the first place: sanity.

The wench-mum is a fucking nutcase!

4 comments:

Ouija27 said...

Children are always harder on there parents than other people would be. I too think that my mom is losing it at times, but then again she is not all that old, but I think that altzheimers will also hit her. For altzheimers has hit my grandmother already, and my mom knows that; mom says that grandma is crazy - I want to tell mom she is crazy too, but I do not. My mom has many good years left, but I am sure that some day she will lose it. It is sad to hear your mom is losing it DWR. It is a hardthing to deal with, as in the case of my grandma. But it must be worse for you as you live with the person.
Sometimes I think I am adopted, my aunt tells me the same thing. She does not see how I came from my parents. My aunt tells me that they are boring people (my parents) and she is not able to see how they had such a 'cool' offspring as she put it. Well I do not know about all that, but I am much different from my parents and am not all that worried about the DNA in me. This would make me question if your DNA is really affected by "the mad woman" as you say. Maybe you got nothing to worry about except dealing with the mad woman. In which case you would be fine DNA wise, but having to deal with the mad woman could make you mad in the process... Wow confusing myself.... OK I am done... Where is my Monster?

MoonEyedGirl said...

Sounds like my mom!

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

I'm sorry to hear that your granny has alzheimers. My highschool Chemistry teacher was hospitalised the year after we graduated for the same disease. He would often walk home after school only to remember he came to school by car that day, etc. So I suppose my mum's rantings are a little bit different, nonetheless her "forgetfullness", and mixing words is sometimes similar.

As for the adoption thing? Well, neither my brother, nor I *physically* look like either of our parents so I am used to being treated as if we were "friends" (or with my dad his wife?!) Personality-wise, I think my brother is more like my father, and I'm the oddball. As a kid my mother's favourite words were:"why are you so this, why are you so that? I just don't understand why you do these things!!! Go to your room!!! (I used to *love* pulling things apart -- gimme a screwdriver? I'll pull the TV apart!)

I am the "acting" head of this family, coz hey? You can't leave projects like "Operation Bring Kaoru Back Safely" to a woman who's really not with it, and doesn't know what to do. She's in a good mood today, she's not whining, I'll just remind her to take her medication so she'll be fine.

As for the DNA? I'm starting to think my inner-voice is a sudden mutatiion of mum's genes. I am with it, but there is always a voice in my head, right? Maybe this crazy woman is *actually* responsible for my "eccentricities"... hmmm...

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

ok, ok, much as I *hate* to admit it, I love my mum, coz she's the only mum that I have.

BUT

Nonetheless there is an element of "huh?" that surrounds this woman. These days when I give her the "mum what are you doing?" treatment, she just says "don't worry, do your own thing, I'm juuuust going to draw the curtains so you can't see. Isn't that right, kitties? Granny is just going to draw the curtains while mummy blogs."

Now please tell me, I love the woman to death, but is she sane?