Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Yokoso Japan, Yokoso Al Qaeda!

Yokoso means "welcome" in Japanese. Right now our beloved Priminister, Mr. Junichiro Koizumi, appears -- personally -- in adds abroad introducing our country's lovely hot springs, Fujiyama, Geisha, Sushi, Kabuki, and those Pseudo-Goths&Lolitas that hang around Meiji shrine in Harajyuku on sundays...

Yes, Yokoso indeed. I had a thought a while back watching the news about a Japanese guy who got kidnapped in Iraq. When the news flash appeared on TV saying that there was a report that an oriental man fitting his discription was found decapitated and dumped somewhere near Tikrit the government spokesman first announced that they were looking into the identity of the deceased. The next day, they announced "oh, no. It's not him. It could be some Korean guy." That same *afternoon* the spokesman announced "well, actually we are asking the Americans to look into it, coz it *could* be him, and we have no confirmation". And finally on the third day we found out that indeed the decapitated body belonged to that of Mr. Koda

So here were my thoughts: Do we have an intelligence agency to gather "any" information? Is it against our constitution to have a CIA equivalent? Why do we have to rely upon information from the Americans to confirm the safety of "our" people? Is it something to do with the security alliance/defence agreement that we have with the US??? Why does it take days to find out whether one of our nationals has been murdered on foreign soil? And why can't the government get accurate information????

What is going on?

So once again, in my usual blogg-warrior style, I decided to do a bit of research into our constitution, whether we have ANY intelligence agency, etc. And, well, here's my preliminary finding...

We're not too intelligent.

Apparently we have several "intelligence" agencies -- well 5 supposedly (exluding the Ministry of Foreign Affairs). The PSIA, Naicho, MITI, IARPB, and the Not-quite-military Intelligence Agency (Self defense Force stuff) , and most of "intelligence gathering" is aimed at *US* -- hunting for red army activists , highly-organised criminal activities -- including the "Rightist NPOs" (aka. facists), industrial spys, weird religious groups (also NPOs), drunken wenches... and that's about it? Why? (Oh, the answer probably lies somewhere in our constitution, but I haven't gone thru all of the clauses, and addendums to come up with a conclusion -- yet).

And the funny thing is that we don't really have a counter-terrorist organisation when we have whako, kidnappin', Stalinist, gluttonous, crazy neighbours like King Pong Pill -- I mean, Kim Jong Il!

Amazing.

Hell! My government might as well say to O. Bin Laden, and his band of merry men:"Yokoso Japan, Yokoso Al Qaeda! We won't bother you; we just keep a close eye on our own people. You can bring your Saudi wealth to boost our economy, and we'll just look the other way. So long as you are not connected to those red army people (who are probably soooo old that they need bifocals see when they make their motolov coctail, paid for by their state pension! Wow, what a terrorist treat! Zimmerframe-weilding Commies!).

Yokoso Osama! Oh, and don't forget to declare that 150g of French Semtex when you go thru customs....


PM Koizumi & Da King Posted by Hello

Shit, I can't believe that we *elected* this dude... he has an ALBUM -get this- called "Junichiro Koizumi Presents My Favorite Elvis Songs" ... am I the only one who sees this farce???

(Post script: The more I dig up about this whole intelligency story, the more amazed at I am with current affairs of my country. The family of Mr. Koda had their hopes up, and shattered again. Why? I wish I had an answer for them, but I don't... I cannot change the past. I cannot change Japan's militaristic history. Our wartime attrocities, and it's legacy still haunt us today. It manifests in loss of loved ones, it manifests in apathy by today's youth, it manifests in underground activities by fascists that organise themselves as NPOs (another reseach item on my list), it manifests in our absence of an "intelligence" agency that *functions*....

Why?

My research on this subject is not over. I will continue to dig and follow the paper trail, for I think there is an ugly answer at the end of it all.

And my condolensces to the family of Mr.Koda, for they will never be able to celebrate Christmas, New Years, or his birthday with him. May he rest in peace. DWR)

7 comments:

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

I know... we need more peace on this planet. But I'm glad you have children, for you have the opportunutyteach them the importance of love, peace, and respect for life.

My cats are lovely, but they are not responsive to my teachings...

Ouija27 said...

I had the same problem with my dog Juice DWR. I tried and tried to teach him to even read and write, well we spend much time trying to learn to read, but he would have none of it. And even just trying to teach the meanings of words was hard. He does not understand hitter or bong, he will never get to complex terms like peace. Jucie and I stick with nouns, but he sucks. Oh well he is full of peace, even though he may not know it. Viva el Juice!

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

Ok, number 1: Dawgs smell, and they are automatically stupid, so you just can't help it if they don't learn anything. Evolution has condemdemed them to their poor fate. I feel sorry for dem stupid feckers.

Number 2: Cats are actually more intelligent than dawgs, they are sooooo intelligent, and sentient, that they *choose* to learn or to obey people. My cat Belle, always responds to her name. She even wakes me up while I'm asleep *before* I even have an asthma attack! She is a parametic in a feline form!! She always is at the door *before* I even put my keys into the door. George is just "stupid" or may I say independant that he just "choses" to ignore me when I call his name, nor does he greet me when I come back home.

Cats "chose" to be with people, DAWGS, well, they "can't" live without a master.

"I don't believe in jealouseee, I don't want footsteps following me..."

That's Y I love cats, I don't want jealous partners......

Ouija27 said...

Juice is not jealous, he is chill. And I was just trying to really make a point, not saying dogs or cats are better, but rather that I can understand and relate to teaching an animal about peace. It is hard to do, be it a cat, dog, phise, or horse, they just do not understand peace. That is all I was trying to convey.

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

good. glad we are on the same "chilled" level... I've had ardent "feline haters" on my blog. I just tell them to shove a tepodong up their arse....

Unfortunately some enjoy da idea! OI, faggot feline hating Jeoff, are you listening to me!!!! missile up yo ass for dissing my kitties!!!

Ouija27 said...

People hating cats you say.. I do not believe it.

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

oh, sometimes I even *believe* that the reason why I am still single is because the *mention* of cats just gets them running in the opposite direction!