Monday, December 06, 2004

Has Anyone Seen My... Bomb?!

Lost My Bomb... Dunno Where Its At...

I love it when I read really funny stories like this. This sort of farce happens when you have a sniffer dog with a cold, several French bomb squad officers chatting with other disgruntled airport staff about "when's the next strike", an automated baggage handling system that no-one seems to pay much attention to, and, oh, 150grams of plastic explosives hidden in an "unidentified" bag during an exercise to prove to the public/world that Charles-de-Gaulle Airport's security is very tight -- veeeerrry tight. Security at the airport has been permanently on violet allert following the 9.11 attacks.

Yeees. Your security is as about as "genuine" as my pink Rollex I purchased in Mongkok Market for HK$200 (US$26)....

Don't worry boys, your bomb will turn up "somewhere". You can get UPS to send it back to you (you can even track it online!) In the meantime have another bottle of Bordeaux and continue your discussion about your excessively long work hours (35hrs/week), short holidays (30days+10days paid sick leave per annum), low wages (GDP/capita in France (PPP) approx. US$27,500 in 2003), and how Bush really *does* look like a chimp!

Too funny!

(I appologise if I offended any French people. I have many French friends like G, L, J, A, E, and S to name a few..... And I *know* they'll all agree with me -- this story is just too funny!)

5 comments:

Ouija27 said...

OK i am lost...

What happened? This is what I gather.. There was a test being done by someone on the security at the airport. The people were not paying attention to the screen, and let a bomb though the check area. The bag was then put on a plane and lost. Is that right or am I all turned about?

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

yup. you are verrry correct. the french bomb squad decided to do an excersise using real plasic explosives, but without a detinator, so it was as harmless as a "bar of chocolate" ...

the stupid dog didn't find the bomb, the bag containing the bomb got loaded onto a plane - somehow - and now no one knows where it is, coz they don't know which flight it went on!!!

PRICELESS!!!

Ouija27 said...

The French are so funny. They should surrender. ojoj....

No really I got nothing but love for the French, it is not their fault their ancestiors were weak. Just like it is not my fault for slavery. Maybe I should surrender... Nope I'll spark up a boll.
Peace DRW

Anonymous said...

You might have a giggle over many of the items posted here:

www.rotten.com

Including the inclusion of the plastique. For plainer fare (that you'll also hear on the National Public Radio stations in the US), you can check out the Daily Rotten. The other bits can be a bit shocking and disturbing - you have been warned.
Alas, plastique actually is not as safe as a chocolate bar (Exlax didn't seem very harmless when I ate a bar as a child) either.

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

yes, must admit, C, that I am also a fan of rotten.com. I love some of the things there, but was disturbed when I ran into some of the links there (like pictures of necrophilics "doing" dead bodies that were really 1/2 rotten.

anyway, yes. Love the stuff in general. perhaps I will post something funny that I find in there one of these days