Monday, December 06, 2004

Full Frontal Medical (Part 2)

Day 1 (10am): Hung Over, Questionnaire Over, All Over the Place

I cannot believe that I checked myself into an expensive clinic that has a 2 month waiting list with a "full-on" hangover! What was I thinking?! Actually, I know exactly what I was thinking. My proclamation and determination to detox usually disappeared after that one "small" drink, and by the time I am was on my third I was determined to find out my state of health "as-is" so that I can work on my "to-be" vision of perfect health that I had when I officially started my "New Me" project on Feb 26th this year when I woke up realising that my hang overs were beyond a feeling of deja vu...

(Unfortunately the "New Me" project was briefly put on hold during a very shitty project back in August, but I still excersise a lot, and eat healthily. I just also drink "healthily" again. )

The day started with a series of blood extractions; I am convinced that my blood biochemistry would reveal that last night I drank 1/2 bottle of vodka and 2 glasses of Shokoshyu, a chinese drink much like Mekong, but unlike Mekong (which is realllly rough) Shokoshyu contains chinese herbal medicine thus providing me the perfect justification for my deluded alcoholic mind that it's not that bad after all to drink before my medical...

I usually don't mind having my blood taken, for I am a regular blood donor, but today I really wished that they used those small, soft needles to take blood from me -- the ones they use when you receive IV drips -- coz they took my blood a total of 4 times from the same vein! And I have very deep, fragile veins...

Now, not only look like an alcoholic in making, I also look like a smack addict....

They eventually fed me my 4 course meal at 1pm. With my hang-over and my cup of 7-up that they forced me to drink on an empty stomach at 10:10am I was not really in the mood to eat the pate de frois gras, the vegitable terrine, the beef fillet poire, and some other funky french dessert that I don't know how to spell. Nor do I know how it's made, but it was pretty tho'! They made "candy" shaped like a swan sitting on a sweet "lake"(What kind of decadant clinic is this?! Oh well, as long as it's free, I don't really care) Plus the flash memory of the colonoscopy that I had earlier during the day didn't fuel my appetite...

I was glad that the waiting room had lots of windows tho'; I really needed to see the sun. I actually felt good that I was being probed, extracted and looked at inside and out.

Sunny days make me happy. I hope it's sunny 2moro....

SHIT, what did they put in my 7-up???? I sound like someone on Prozac!!!

What's going on!!

(to be continued)

1 comment:

Ouija27 said...

I was wondering what was the shitty project back in August, just wondering and will not mind if you would rather not share.

So I am now looking forward to part three, untill I will puff on my boll and chill. MLL to you DWR.