Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Dry Spell? Well, Not Really

It's already Wednesday and I still have nothing new published since Monday.

What's wrong, DWR? Have you run out of ideas? Do you have the flu? Wassup? Why have you not posted since your ramble about the Orange Man on Monday? You usually post everyday...

Yes, that is true. I usually write a draft, or two (in my little note book -- yes I am still analog!) during my lunch break, go home, type it up in a "mildly altered state"... Ok, yeah, I'm intoxicated. Hell! I'm only typing what I drafted!! It's OK isn't it? (must admit I do have some moments where I deviate from the original draft, but hey, what are drafts for? They are there to be finalised anyway! Ok, yup, I'm one of the proud alcoholics.) And finally when I wake up sober, I re-read, I re-write, then I post my ramblings.

Simple.

Well, not quite....

The (un)fortunate thing is that I have loads of thoughts. In addition to my multiple thoughts, I *see* new things that get me thinking even more. Some of these things that I encounter accidentally have a long history that requires more than 2hrs of research. Some even involve interviews with the "real" people that are involved with what I see.

I have a full time job that does not give me the time to catch up on all my ideas; right now I have - get this- 54(!!!!) articles that are waiting to be posted. Out of the 54, there are 31 items that require both an interview, and extensive research, 16 that need just the research, and three that I am missing pictures to go with the text. This leaves me with only 4 ideas (as of today) that need no research, interviews, photos.... but alas I have no time. Do you know why? It's that time of the year where you get invited to friends' Christmas parties and office do's. None Stop!! Luckily, I don't need to sleep much so I hope to get the others done for you, but pls bear with me at this very difficult time of the year.

On *top* of all this I have set up (paid for) my own domain, web hosting et. al, so that I can publish my blog there... but I still can't seem to work that built-in ftp thing... I don't have access to my ftp server, files, nothing yet... still working on it, tho.

(You'd never believe that I'm an IT consultant, would you?!)

Anyway in the meantime let me give you an idea of all the WIP by introducing you to some of my resources (all in English). Please have a look, let me know if you have found anything in there that spurrs your interest (chances are I am already working on it as you read!).

However.

I will keep y'all guessing as to what *exactly* I will be posting over the next few days/weeks. (Shit! It's almost like not knowing what you're going to get for Christmas, right?)

Anyway, here are some of the links:

Resource 1

Resouce 2

Resource 3

Resource 4

Resource 5

Resource 6

Resource 7

Resource 8

Resource 9

Resource 10

Resource 11

Resource 12

Resource 14 (coz 13 is an unlucky number)

There. That should keep you all occupied and guessing while I work on my writing. (I know it keeps *me* occupied. There are many other sources, but unfortunately they are either in Japanese, not online, or have not entered my thoughts....)

Right, back to my emails, my research, my work, and..... oh, Christmas parties!! Phew!! This IS a busy time of the year.

DWR

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You obviously spent too much time away. Aren't the unlucky numbers 4 (bad luck) and 9 (death)? :)

Ouija27 said...

I do not know about that 4, and 9 business, but I know that 13 is not always unluck. It is also a protection device. Anyway, I would like to maybe see some of DWR's thoughts on the following:
On the origin of Ishihara anti-US feelings
That might be a good topic, especially if you dug deeper than what I just read on your provided links.

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

Spot on there, o! Post called: Hitler, the Governor of Tokyo. Well done! You think like me! Maybe I should join that Morton's List of yours...

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

oh, anonymous one, yes 4 (shi=death) and 9 (ku=suffering) are indeed not so good, lah. but without death (shavasana for all the yogis out there) there is no new beginning, and without suffering, there is no appreciation of the good things in life. So that's Y I left it there, I suppose.... trying to spread good Karma to everyone.

13... well it's more than a baker's dozen, so I decided to skip it. (did I inadvertantly discrimate a number? shit! sorry 13... well look at it this way, 13. You can share with 14 all your good qualities and move onto a higher number!? It's really not that bad, you know...)

ok, I'm not really with it all the time...

Ouija27 said...

Yes you should play Morton's List. Some day we can do a HOQ (Horde on-line Quest). It is a way to play that I have came up with, that allows players to play from anywhere, in real time, at one time. The best part is that they are all involved in the same circle so they all do the same quest. It has worked both good and bad in various runs, but I think I have got it down now. Let me know any time you want to get in on something like that.

On the other note: How exciting for me on the right guess of an up and coming post: Hitler, the Governor of Tokyo. I am really looking forward to that one! Life is good indeed....

Oh and DWR, your email service is not allowing incoming emials. Every time I make a comment I get a returned email saying you did not get the comment via email. Well just thought you might want to know.

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

yes... have been having a bit of a problem with that lately... I noticed it when my *own* comments were not coming thru. I think someone's onto it, but don't worry, I do actually read people's comments from here.

Drunken Wench Rambler said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Drunken Wench Rambler said...

Alas...(o, me miserum) I wish I could play Mortons List... but there are only 24hrs in a day, we live in differnt time zones, and I have to make a living to feed the kitties...(OK, it sounds like a poor x-cuse, but honestly, it's fact)

In exchange for not joining U, I have advertised your show!! Hope you liked the post. If not pls give me your comments and I will add to it. DWR, another INTP

Drunken Wench Rambler said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ouija27 said...

Quite understandable, we do extend our thanks. May Karma keep you close to her heart forever.