Saturday, December 04, 2004

Winter: The Season of Love

Today was a typical winters day in Tokyo. It was crisp and cold, but not a cloud in the sky; it is days like this that I really miss being with someone I love.

"I want to go back to the days in November, back when were in love, and everyday was a day to remember, and we lived happily let me know why didn't we stay that way, I wish I could find my way back to love...back to love." -- song from my favourite CD

For some reason I love the winter in Japan, and I always associate winter with love. The clear blue skies and the contrasting cold air just make me long for that *special* person to share the warmth/cold in my life. I want to sit at home (either his, or mine) cuddled up watching a movie, naked and covered in a warm blanket in front of an open fire, or talking about current affairs, books, ideas, whatever.... I miss having a warm arm hugging me from behind, their warm stomach warming my back... I miss the cold, lazy sunday mornings when we are half awake, realise that we are both cold, and spoon up to each other and exchange a light kiss in the semi dark. I miss sleeping in my partner's arm, wrapping my legs around their leg to feel the warmth between their legs, stroking their sleepy face, and kissing their lips lightly so as to not wake them...

I used to love watching all my Xs sleeping on a cold winters night after we had made love; their snoring, teeth grinding, or dribbling onto the pillow didn't bother me in the least, in fact it was a welcoming past time for me during the winter months when I couldn't sleep, because I had an excuse to stay in bed, and not go for a run, or for a walk, or go watch B-grade movies on cable to keep myself occupied. (yeah, you try going for a run at 3am on a cold Winters morn.... not nice, I can tell you!) I also miss walking hand in hand, huddled up to each other, rubbing each other's arms to stay warm on the icy streets talking about everything, anything, and nothing, as our cold breaths mingle in the city's air....

Winter is indeed a time to fall in love. Most people say it's spring, but for me it's the cold, dark winter months when you get to stay in bed with your partner, smile, make love, talk, make love, cuddle up, talk, make love, and fall asleep in each others arms. That's what makes me want to fall in love in the winter.

Alas I do not have a lover in my life, yet; for now I will have to do with having my two cats, Belle and George, climb into my bed to warm my cold toes on a winter morning...

(stories of Belle and George to continue....)

7 comments:

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

so happy for you darles! make sure you have that fire going for those winter months! (get's chilly over christmas!!"

Snuugle, smile, and be happy, Coz that's what I intend to do!!!! :) DWR (aka,Mz)

Anonymous said...

Could you tell me what the name of that CD is? I have a sample from a song with exactly the same lyrics, and have been looking for it for some months now.

Anonymous said...

i HAVE to have the name of that song and the name of that cd! i've been looking for it forever!!

Anonymous said...

Heyy Girl :)

My name is Anna and I'm from the Netherlands.. I was looking for that November-song on the internet and on google for like ages.. and this was the only site (your blog) I found the lyrics on!!

Could you please please please tell me what the name of that song is.. or the artist??

Lots of love Anna
(I hope you're still active on this site)
My e-mail is zsu_55_@hotmail.com

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

Hi, sorry for the late response. Ok so the song is called: Ever After (Rasmus Faber Main Mix). And it's on the album "Osteria del Rosso - Macedonia" produced by Masao Fukumoto. You can probably get more info on it from DJ akakage's official site: www.akakage.jp.

Hope that helps...

Anonymous said...

thank you very much for that tile ^_^

Greetings from the netherlands

Red said...

Hey, the name's Alex. Even though someone else asked the question, I just want to say thanks for the song title and artist for Ever After. I had heard the song once before and was looking for it for an incredibly long time. Thanks to your blog, I found it.

P.S. - Pretty interesting blog. You must lead an interesting life.

Sincerely,
Alex (shamanking131@netzero.net)