Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Numbers... A Dedication To My Readers

When I first started this blog, I did it for just me. I like to write, but I was too shy to share any of my work. One day my brother, Kaoru Mfaume (aka.Bwana K, a musician, a businessman, an artist, and the director of acquisitions at Manga Entertainment), read my stuff, told me that I should write, and that's how this blog came to be. I was not too bothered about who read my postings, who passed by, or who dissed me.... I wrote my ramblings as a hobby. I didn't care how many people read my stuff. Whatever... They are on the other end of the PC, right?? I don't see them. I also won't tell my *real* friends that I blog. Blogging was all for *me* (quite selfish, I know, but that was my mentality back in Oct when I started the drunken wench ramblings) But as time passed I realised that there are real people out there who are reading my stuff. They spend time to read my postings, and actually take a good look at what goes on in my mind.

That's when I decided that I want to put a counter on my site. On Nov. 21 (sun.) I looked into putting counters to sites. And that's what you see at the bottom of my site, dear readers. It's somewhere in the region of 990 something right now...

Anyway, back to numbers. When I originally put the counter in, I said to myself "I'm going to get a proper domain -- www.drunkenwenchramblings.com when I get to 100 hits....

Umm.... well I got to 100hits in 3 or 4 days. And the numbers have been rising steadily since!!!

(WOW! COOL! Let's make my goal 1000 hits!!! )

Dear readers, I am approaching that number: as I post this at 17:28pm (JST) Dec. 15 2004, my counter shows that I've had 993 drunken hits. And guess what? I got my domain name, hosting service, and once I figure out the technical part of moving all to my new home I will be here --> www.drunkenwenchramblings.com

Thank you everyone for all your support! I couldn't have got this far without y'all!!!

Cheerz!!

DWR.

(for now, the drunken wench ramblings will still be here. Will announce as soon as I make it to my new home... )

10 comments:

Mia said...

That was the case for me too, I thought of it as a release, as I love to write stories, poems and just ramble. None of my real friends know I do this. But I've made alot of friends through here too. I find alot of times their input really helps.

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

Yeah, it's really nice to see regular faces just drop by and leave a note. And thank you, Miranda, for leaving a note. :) you are always welcome. Did you enjoy your cup of tea?

Maybe I should have a booze cabinet here, considering that I *am* a drunken wench....

hmm... what do you think? Maybe stock up on some nice wine, scotch, or some beers???

Ouija27 said...

George Killian's Irish Red please!!! Or Hieniken, it would taste good with that hooka set up over there--->

And a move, cool. Oh look it is 6:04 (CST) here in the US and you have 1009 hits. Impressive.

I was taking a break from my final exams and reading through a good number of blogs, prob like a 100 or so. All by using that next blog tag at the top of blogs. And from all the blogs that I have encounter thus far, DWR, I will say that yours is simply the most profound. While I had a good time reading others, I still cannot help but to be drawn to this blog. It is the freshest, and that is the bottom line.

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

cheerz, o! will remember to stock up on some.

BTW, do you prefer Doritos or Crisps (potato chips)? I was going to suggest some Indonesian crackers made from sweet potatoes -- sound healthy huh? AND they taste *really* good after a Camberwell Carrot! (If you have never encountered a Camberwell Carrot, pls rent out a film called Whitnail and I. A total classic in my books!)

Welcome back, my friend. Hope the x-ams went well. Oh, and BTW, did see your new show. SMASHING, as they say in ol' Blighter. Will leave a comment on your site (for once.... I'm so rude, aren't I? I haven't left a mark on your blog for ages....)

sorry.

And thanks for all your support!!

Greg said...

Just got into reading this, but i'm already enjoying it all. Congrats on achieving such a high number!

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

welcome, dear stranger, friend, or foe. Please have a cup of tea, hope you enjoy what you read. Here's a poem I wrote for all those that pass by. Anything you suggest stocked here apart from tea, booze, Gan-Ja, munchie snacks? All comments are noted and stocks deployed immediately. :)

http://the-inner-voice.blogspot.com/2004/12/welcome-dear-stranger-friend-or-foe.html

Peace.

DWR

Ouija27 said...

DWR are you telling me you saw my show? Really?

Ouija27 said...

Oh and on your question about food...
Doritos are my choice, but this Indonesian cracker you speak of sounds interensting, let us try it for sure.

And now on my list is Whitnail and I... I will let you know what I think when Finals are over and I get the time to view it. I will find out about a Camberwell carrot.

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

o, the camberwell carrot is a marvel! Pls review it on one of your episodes of The Horde Show. Yeah, let one of those cronnies review it -- sure it may cause a heart attack, or they may fall asleep... coz the humour goes right over their heads (you can't blame old people, right?)

Ouija27 said...

I will do my best to get that hooked up in one of the upcoming episodes, 2 or 3. I was at a store today, they had a small collection of DVD's, but it was not there. I will make a special trip for it Monday or Tuesday when school is done.