Monday, December 13, 2004

Can Anyone Help??

As you know, dear readers, I am pulling a "sicky" today, coz I can't be bothered to go into the office. Plus in my line of "business" I can sit at home and "work" (and blog a bit at the same time), and still say on my electronic timesheet that I worked 8hrs on "PD" (which apparently stands for "Proposal Development" or something, but I call it "Perpetual Drab"). I was really looking forward to spending some *quality* time, but, alas, dear readers, I am innundated by work e-mails (actually quite a lot of them) -- they are attacking me like SPAM!!

I need your help to respond to this one; can someome please help? (I can't be bothered... pls post your response to my comments, and I will forward accordingly.)

INFORMATION NEEDED: Your experience with DFARS 252.242-7004 Loan/Pay-back Process in SLAPPER

DETAIL: We are implementing SLAPPER 2.1 for an aerospace firm. This regulation (DFARS 252.242-7004 (e) MMAS Standards (7) (iii) requires the following:

(A) Parts are paid back expeditiously;
(B) Procedures and controls are in place to correct any over billing that might occur;
(C) Monthly, at a minimum, identification of the borrowing contract and the date was borrowed; and
(D) The cost of the replacement part is charged to the borrowing contract.

Since there does not appear to be standard SLAPPER functionality, we are looking for a workaround. Our client has already contacted other Aerospace & Defense contracts without success.

CLIENT NAME/PURSUIT NAME (if allowable): N/A
DATE NEEDED BY: ASAP
RFI ORIGINATOR: W. Ocyholich (somewhere, everywhere, nowhere....)

REPLY INSTRUCTIONS: Hit Reply to All, and the response will be sent to the RFI Originator, GWM, and the DWR (your response will not be sent to everyone on the distribution lists)

Help other practitioners by sharing your information and experience!

(shit, I'm a practitioner! Didn't know that!! WOW! dunno what I practice tho....)

6 comments:

Ouija27 said...

I would love to help DWR, but I have no idea what a Slapper is, yet along what slapper 2.1 is. Witht that in mind I am confused and do not uderstand the email. What do they want you to respond to? Is it how to do a, b, c, and d in slapper. I am so confused... I am really only holding you up. Sorry DWR, i feel dumb now.

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

O, fear not. I *too* do not understand what the heck W. Ocyholich wants to know... all I can tell is that W. Ocyholich is just as clueless as we are, and hense the "spam all" email that came to me...

BTW, I *edited* the original email slightly, for I didn't want to provide "free" advertising for a large ERP software company, so I called it SLAPPER. Don't you think it's a nice pseudonym for a giant software vendor?

SLAPPER

I love the "sound" of that word -- say it with me everyone: SLAPPER

(to the British, the word slapper is often associated with "promiscuous women" who consume a lot of ethanol. almost like me I suppose.... SLAPPER!)

Ouija27 said...

Yes Slapper is a fun word to say.

SLAPPER

Ok well I am glad I was not the only one in the dark. What an odd email.

Anonymous said...

You certainly do have fun work, after all, where else might one encounter such interesting reads as this?

http://farsite.hill.af.mil/reghtml/regs/far2afmcfars/fardfars/dfars/Dfars252_237.htm#P741_44542

Perchance as an actuary? :) Glad to hear that you are making some holiday time anyway. What ever happened to being healthy and whatnot?

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

yeah... what *did* happen to my healthy living... oh, I remember it's dining with my friend and Uber-drinking buddy, A...

actually I'm glad that I took a sicky yesterday. I have not had a holiday this year since end of March when I went to China...

I'm off to Thailand in Feb for a two week Yoga retreat and do some scuba diving. I think I will write loads before I go (probably over the new years), and publish them every day thru my 26k line (or whatever they have at those internet cafe's) so that my readers have something new to read each day.

:)

Ouija27 said...

nothing but love for you on that last comment DWR... Ah there will be no dry spell after all. I can go to sleep finally!