Friday, November 26, 2004

Auditory Illusions

Sometimes I like to play with words. I say things that sound like somthing, but I'm actually saying something completely different. For instance:

  • eggs'n'curry => exactly
  • honey's sweet? ==> honestly?

(you'll have to say them really fast without moving your lips too much -- go on, give it a try!)

The other day I tried one on my boss, G, for a joke.

G: blah, blah, blah.

DWR: Hairy Muff

G: 'scuse me?

DWR: Fair Enough.

G: Oh, I thought you said.... nevermind.

(Yes, G, you did hear me right. Hairy Muff)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Elephant shoes.

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

YES! but I prefer Winter's Chopin for Elephant Shoes

Anonymous said...

It's finally up allright.Felt like there was some kind of a drought in my head.

-ej
www.sortofafairytale.blogspot.com