Thursday, November 18, 2004

Go 49ers!!!

In the run up to the US elections many of my fellow bloggers wrote with such passion and optimism about making a change, "getting it right this time", and "no more florida". They were hopeful that the nation was at last going to get rid of the "naked emperor" in the whitehouse, and take back their country using the ultimate weapon called democratic vote.

I must admit I was surprised to see the results that day: 49% of US citizens voted for Kerry, but obviously that is not enough.... Bush will stay at his post as the president of a country that is pretty much affecting/running the world -- big time -- for another 4 years; since Nov. 2nd some of the bloggers have decided to write less, and (I'm glad to see) others have taken up to write more!!

The some of those who voted for Kerry started Sorry everybody.com where the 49ers (as they are called) can post pictures of themselves with a message appologising to the citizens of the world for not being able to get Bush out of office... but it's nice to know that they are being forgiven by the rest of the world.

There is hope yet for humanity...

1 comment:

Ouija27 said...

I voted for Mr. Kerry, and like you I was saddened by his loss. I blame Ohio, but that is really not fair. My state gave our electorial votes to Kerry, so we did our part for the nation, but Ohio let us down in my mind. But so did most of the Mountian states. Well 4 years and the fucker is gone for good. So we have that going for us, i guess?!