Sunday, November 28, 2004

Detox...

Today I am going into detox. Why? Because of my upcoming full medical check-up on Dec 6th. It is sooooo thoro that I will be checking in for an overnight stay (in a 4-5 star hotel, of course, coz I'm not sick. Not physically anyway)

I began to take these 2day medicals the year before I turned 30. I have a family history of diabetes, cancer (my father died from liver cancer, and my mother had lung cancer - even tho she does not smoke. She is still in remission), and heart disease so I thought: hmm... maybe I should look after my health a bit more. Plus I get to use the "points" that I have accumulated on my semi-private healthcare scheme, which I can use on spa visits, discounts on gym visits, thoro medical health checks, and even get discounts on fights and hotels!!! I have 70,000points waiting to be used.

These tests are very thoro. I'm getting everything done from blood tests, fitness, cancer marker tests, allergy tests, all the way to MRI on my brain!! I'm even getting a CT scan of my internal organs to see how much fat there is! Must admit, I'm 5ft4 and weigh 101 pounds (46kgs) so I don't think I have too much to worry, but I would like to know how my health is -- considering that I am a seasoned, drunken wench.

I'm glad that my healthcare scheme provided by my company pays for all of this, but I have one serious problem with this set up: my company receives my test results (directly) before me!

Needless to say I have excluded all gynecological/female related tests .... I will have them done at a private hospital. I don't want HR seeing the results of my smear tests or my mamograph or whether I have clamydia... (which I seriouosly doubt, but nonetheless would not want HR to know)

Bit embarrassing, isn't it?

The reason for the detox? To fool my company into thinking that I am perfectly normal and healthy.

Riiiiiiggght.

2 comments:

Ouija27 said...

When the test are over will you start drinking again. I would, but that is just me. Even though I am not that big of a drinker I can relate, in both the liquid and smoke forms. Life is hard, but it is still good.

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

ok, ok, I have to live up to my drunken status, right? don't worry, once the docs are thru with the probing etc. I will go back to abusing my body (for a little bit tho)

you *can't* stop drinking during the festive season!!!