Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Mourning...

Today I am in mourning, for my hard drive decided to commit suicide today by drowning itself in my coffee... I told it "no, you can't die! you have so much going for you! yes, I have filled you with junk, and there are all those really heavy files from work, but it's not all that bad! You have some of my wonderful photos, my three novels that I have been writing for the past 5 years (and only still on page 3; but with a complete storyboard...), and you have all those other nice byts and peices that make you who you are."

"I never meant to abuse you by putting junk in there. They are mere electrons, they mean nothing, honest, and you have all the knowledge that I do not have in my head...."

But no. My hard drive committed suicide this morning at 10:35am. I rushed immediately to IT support, and is now sitting in ICU, wet, unconsious.... The IT staff did not know if she could make it, but they are drying her and waiting to see if she will gain consciousness again... They were not hopefull.

Why? My dear hard drive, why did you have to go and pour COFFEE on yourself... Life wasn't that bad, was it? I should have listened to you more, it was ALL MY FAULT!!!

(tears)

yes, indeed, it was all my fault...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Data recovery service, even if the poor thing's dead then you'll probably be able to yank off most of the junk.