Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Empty Heart...


MT hart Posted by Hello
This is my favourite piece of jewelry that I wear each day. I won it at a raffle and thought: hmm, not my style, but I got it for free so who cares. But for some reason once I started to wear it, it grew on me. It was almost as if the necklace had chosen me on that fateful day that I went to the charity dinner.

Many people have commented on how nice it looks, and how the shiny crystals are pretty. One mention of the word Swarovski and a few people will automatically want to take it into their hands to worship it. "It must have cost a lot!" No. It was free, for the necklace selected me.

You see the true value and the real reason why I love this heart-shaped necklace is that it reminds me that even though it is decorated with finely crafted crystals, sits on a chain of white gold, has a designer label called Swarovski, and on the surface it has all that anyone would ask for in a crystal necklace -- it's empty.

It is an empty heart.

I know many single women who say they have it all: well paid job, nice clothes, nice car, many suitors who will buy them drinks at a bar, upcoming promotion with a significant salary increase, holidays in exotic locations, jet-setting careers, many friends, casual lovers...

I was one of those women; all the facials, chemical peels, manicures, pedicures, hair cuts, gym memberships, and spa visits did not fill my heart. It was empty just as the crystal necklace.

Today I wear this necklace as a reminder to fill my heart with more important things, such as family, love, joy: real quality. Something that has meaning to my soul....

No comments: