Saturday, February 26, 2005

Leave Me Alone I am On Vacation: Day6


Koh Phi, Ghost Iamd

Koh Phi means the island of may ancestoral spirit. Many believe that there were executions being carried out during the Second War. I have also heard of many elderly when they have no contributions to the local economy being sent to Koh Phi to spend their last days, away from their loved ones. Most of the locals will go nowhere near the island especially at night. There are no inhabitants apart from the lost souls of those that have burning passion, something to say to the living. Today I dove the seas of the Ghost island to hear the messages of the dead; I saw many creatures that crossed into the path of my torch as I dove 20m, if that. The visibility is too low. Perhaps those from the past do not have a message for me, for they have clouded my vision all through my night dive on Koh Phi. The ancestors have a message for others I think, but they keep reminding divers like myself that they do have a message.

A message for the living.

The sunset on Koh Phi will continue to shine as in the picture I took until all its messages are heard, I am sure. Unfortunately the message is not for me, but for their lost decendants who have left the islands and pursued a life life in the big cities. The spirits of Koh Phi miss their loved ones.... not occational visitors like me.

No comments: