Tuesday, February 08, 2005

My New Office and My Semi-Cubicle

Oh joyous happiness! Yes I did pull that sicky on monday so today is my first day back at the "New" office. I was on the same floor, on the same side of this fucking building nearly 2 years ago before I got shipped off to Hong Kong for 8 months. And now I am back in the same place again. What is wrong with my company? Huh? All these painful "moves" from one building to another! My experience of having my upper wisdom teeth extracted was a holiday in Club Med compared to the boot-camp "move your own shit AND the department archives yourself once a year" bullshit they keep imposing on us. I have worked for this company for nearly 5 years, and I know the score. Moving day? Runny tummy. No one wants to know about your liquid faeces in detail so they just say:"Um, yes, hope you feel better. Don't come into the office, um, for a while. Hope you get better soon, um. Yes."

And they hang up, only to run to the bathroom to wash their hands just in case my "dial-rhoea" is contageous over the phone. (Idiots)

I had already "booked" my semi-permanent hotelling seat until the end of march. Unlike my previous office, in our new "joint" all the BIG-WIGS are in one 'shared' room on the other side of this building. And the small time, middle management (like us) are in a communal semi-cubicle area. This is a refreshing change from the "open planning" Scandinavian style seating that we hd in the other building. No IKEA for us here in the old building, just seats that have been cordened off by shitty, pre-fab, asbestos laced dividers.

(Please remind me to use my BioMed mask if there is a fire in the building.)

Oh, I am freeeeeeee! I am free to do whatever I like, blog, chat to my friends, talk to my boyfriend....

Unfortunately there is one small detail that I have forgotten about being in this new building. The drunken wench friends. Oh and the pub next door. Never put the DWR and the DWF in the same building next to a PUB. This is not the best of combinations...

No comments: