Sunday, February 20, 2005

Leave Me Alone I am On Vacation: Day 1

(Oh dear... I don't even call my holidays my "Vacation", but what the hell.... My honey and I chose it together, so here we go. Oh and appologies for an incomprehensive post to all who saw my site yesterday. I came back after a heavy night with my friends and hit the "POST" button instead of "SAVE DRAFT". Jeezus I was wasted last night... Fuck! Just look at the time that I posted!!!! Fucking wasted I must have been.)

6:58am: It is snowing in Tokyo right now, and I'm sitting in the bus on my way to the airport. The lady at the counter at the ticket office is telling me that it will take 2 hours to get to the airport today. Great. Fucking great. I left the house at 6am -- didn't sleep coz I was chatting online with my Honey -- and now they are telling me that I may be running late (again) because of the snow. It's my first holiday in a YEAR and I could potentially miss the flight.

Wonderful.

*SLEEP* + 1.5 hours later, I am at the airport.

9:25am: Managed to make it on time -- phew. I am sitting at the airport lounge/restaurant area eating Caeser salad and toast for breakfast after having had a huge arguement with a shop assistant when I went to buy sake for my friend J who I will be staying with when I stop over in Hong Kong for one day. The stupid bitch charged my credit card for two bottles instead of one! When I politely pointed pointed out that I waned only one bottle, not two, she just got all pissie with me, telling me that she chated for two coz I *asked* for two. (No, I didn't. I brought one bottle to the counter, love. Just one bottle. You were the one who brought out the second bottle, not me. I thought you were going to get me a nicer, not so dusty bottle coz I asked for it to be gift-wrapped.) I'm sorry, but by no stretch of the imagination can the words "can you wrap that coz it's a present. Can you make sure you remove the price tag off, please." sound anything remotely like "oh, yes, I would like two of your fine bottles of expensive sake, even though I am holding one bottle in my hand." in any language that I speak. After she reprocessed my transaction I said to her in my most calm, deep, and slow tone: excuse me, is it not polite to appologise for mistaking the transation instead of sitting there being rude to your customer. First things first, appologise, reprossess the transaction, and tell me that you have fixed the mistake. This is what customer service is all about.

She didn't listen to me and started to be on the defensive, so I got pissie with her. Serves her right for fucking up the first few hours of my long awaited holiday. Narita airport is a "Private Company", so unless they shape up and improve their services to the "CLIENTS" I'm taking my money elsewhere. And why the fuck are prices inflated at airports anyway? I just paid 1,025 yen for a small caeser salad and two peices of bread. In a country where 60% of our food is IMPORTED. I'm sure that they can keep the cost down for a salad!! I mean, perishable goods like a lettuce *must* be flown in. I can't possibly imagine lettuce being shipped from China by sea. I'm at an airport that is the hub for overseas cargo. So theoretically the "cost" of the lettuce that arrived at the cargo section of this stupid soooo out of the way airport must be minus the "logistics costs" of a lettuce I can buy in central Tokyo.
So why am I paying double the price for half the size?
And why am I exposed to silliness and stupidity when I am on my holiday. I am put thru this at WORK!! I am no longer sitting next to the UEPEs; I'm on holiday. Can someone remove the "work" elements from my holiday?
Please? Pretty Please?

No comments: