Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Leave Me Alone I am On Vacation: Day5

(Warning, I have only notes and my memory, vivid or not, to guide me thru the envents of this day. Sorry.)

Time unknown, but defo very early. This morning I was woken up by the happy-go-lucky photons that were playing Cricket on my eyelids at 5:25am. This is an unholy hour for those that get up at 7:30 to 8am during our suit days, not holidays. As soon as I opened my eyelids I realised that they were the only muscules that I had any control over. I could not move my body, for it ached and felt like there was a boulder strapped to limb.

Before my 7:30am torture session at the Shala, I was sensible enough to seek and to locate a slight, Thai lady with the words "Thai Massage" above her seat in the Gazeboe. (Look, the massage lady!!!) I hobbled over to her and asked her to make me an appointment today.

Can Lah, 12:30 OK? Lah?

BRILLIANT! I need to be pulverised and contorted (oops, I do that in yoga!) by a professional Thai Massage lady who is half my size. I cannot wait!

The morning practise went reasonably well; everyone from the Shala, after we finished, were squeeling in the clear blue seas, and the white sandy beaches. This place has beautifully maintained infrastructure, and are really into eco-tourism so everthing to the east of the resort, where our bungalows are located, is remote, and idylic.

Warrior Pose 2 At The Shala

Unlike my fellow yogis I ran straight into the shower, got into my clean clothes, and RAN to the Thai massage lady... and for 2 hours after that I had turned into putty by a woman who is probably 1/2 my size, but has the strength of 3 oxen. Deep tissue massage when doing excessive excersise just increases the rate of recovery. All the lactic acid in the world would not expel itself from the human body unless aided by a smiling, slight, feminine, warm, Thai massage lady. Dear readers, if you have never had a good proper Thai massage, and you need one, I will suggest 1) Wat Po Thai Massage Teaching School, 2) TMI teaching school in Cheng Mai, 3) Thai Massage on Koh Maak 4) Thai Massage at Kata Beach Resort(in that order). Try to avoid any massage palors that hire men in thick makeup who try to sign language you the menu, and graphically show you the services they offer. "Yes, we have for you, goo massa, por you, sexy, sexy, me love you long time 5 dala fuki, fuki" will not relieve you of sports injuries. (Just a heads up.)
I think I will visit the massage lady every day during my visit to this island. All these treatments cost less than US$5 for a 1.5 hr session, and she just does a wonderful job for anyone who needs CTRL+ALT+DELETE on a hard day at the Shala.
Wow! I never thought I would say those words today "hard day at the Shala??"
How can a day at the shala possibly be hard?!? Ohhh, I think that it is the tropical breeze and the spicy aroma of the rice being cooked that is going to my head. And with that, I am going to drink a bottle of mineral water -- Cheerz!

No comments: