Friday, March 04, 2005

Turning Back The Clocks...

I am back from my holidays now. I am missing all the posts and photos from Day 5 to Day 11 of my holiday: Leave Me Alone I am On Vacation. It is now 3am, and I am only 14% finished with the sorting of my holiday pics.

I have been to paradise only to come back to hell and stress. Do I wind myself up over irrelevant shite?? Probably... probably.

On a different note, I am reading Paulo Coelho's The Devil And Miss Prym right now. Many of the die hard Coelho fans gave it a poor review, but I am going to finish it before I make my own mind up about it. I like his concept of working on the idea of good and evil in man, and to explore the workings of the human mind in the realm of temptation.

If you were approached by darkness and offered something that you have been longing for, would you take it knowing that it may be evil? Or would you chose good over anything else? Or worse still, let fate make your choices and do nothing about it?

These are tough questions that I have no answers for... I wonder if Paulo Coelho has one.

I doubt it...

4 comments:

LeftoverJoe said...

Welcome Back!!!

Man 11 days fly by don't they?! I hope you had a great time. I missed your posts so, selfishly, I am glad you're back and writing again :)

I can't wait to see some of the pictures. You described such a beautiful place for that yoga retreat. How's the weather in Tokyo? It's about 20 degrees farenheit here with about 7 or 8 inches of snow on the ground. Ugh.

Again, it's good to have you back in one piece and posting again. Later!

Chuck Groth said...

i've read seveal by him, but the only one that really interested me was "The Alchemist." i like the idea of brown-nosing the wind into doing what you want...

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

Ahh, the alchemist and the pilgrim are one of my favourites from this author. Must admit I was also impressed with Veronica Decided to Die, but that is for you to read and let me know.

Nice to meeto Coelho fans out there!

Can we see any other fans out there? Irvine Welsh? John Irving, Ice Bergslim????

(Or am I the only book worm around here these days....

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

On an additional note, thanks for the welcome notes boyz & girlz! hope to get out of my arse hole (must admit, am purring a bit, but we will leave that out for now....) and get some proper writig done... for once! peace! M