Saturday, March 12, 2005

Facials, Writers' Block, And A Piece Of Paper

Today I went to Boudoir for a facial and for some "maintenance" which I have been doing on a monthly basis for the past 7 years. After my treatment I had some galettes at Le Bretagne, in Omotesando, and had my combination of pancakes and camomile tea al fresco. I think that today was the first time in ages that I had some time to myself to think about the many things that have been happening in my life. As some of you know, I handed my resignation in to the Pink Elephant the day before my 10day holiday in Thailand. I will be taking up a new post with the Baby Extract manufacturers from the middle of April, which gives me nearly one month of no work/freedom.

So why I am not rejoicing and writing every day? Why am I stuck each day in front of the PC writing drafts after drafts of empty words?

Why?

The reason, I suppose stems from a very important path that I have decided to take in my life. All is emcompassed in a piece of paper that puts me on board a 12hr flight to meet someone special in my life. As the day draws near my mind is full of excitement and also of some fear... and I cannot concentrate on anything right now. I have much to write, and even more to research, and yet I look at my passport and my flight voucher every day and imagine what it would be to be on that flight on the 19th, to meet someone that has become so much a part of my life that I cannot even sit down with my own thoughts. With my galettes and my camomile tea in peace.

I suppose the other party also feels the same way too, and I know that he will read this post and will agree with me that the source of my drought may due to me thinking too much of him. But is there such thing as thinking too much of a person one cares about? If there is, I am guilty of that crime; but I have my moments to myself where I can reflect upon many things that I see and feel. My inner thoughts will never betray me, I guess, even though I have moments of distraction once in a while.

1 comment:

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

Missy, I am so happy for you!! You deserve a good partner -- let me know how it all goes, and I will keep you posted on my events with Nick -- only 4 days to go and see him!! wish me luck!!!