Monday, March 21, 2005

The Last Supper With The DWFs

Sometimes you need friends to keep you in check, to make sure that you are making the right choices, or eating the right foods. I have DWFs, Y and A, who do just that. Two nights ago I had my official "Last Supper" with the DWFs as colleagues, for I will no longer be working for the same Pink Elephant as them. We sat together drinking distilled alcohol (or something), singing silly Japanese love songs, and discussing my new job and my 12hr trip to see Nick.

They wished me well, and left me the bill, but here's to my DWFs -- now that I could potentially be your client, you better start learning how to kiss my boots and brown-nose me arse. Oh, and don't even think about expensing all our drunken sessions onto my corporate card, coz I will be up shit creek with my new boss. You guyz can go and talk to that crazy boss of yours to write it off on the business unit; I know the drill so don't even bother cheating me, babes.

Nah, honestly, Y and A, cheers for all your support, I am doing well here. I am not chopped up, nor am I sold off as slave labour, yet (unlike you.) Love ya both, and see you when I get back!!

(Post script: I'll come clean, I voluntarily (happily) picked up the bill that night, not that my DWFs ran off and left me with the bill. I was more than happy to treat them. On a different note I think there was something funny with the food that night, coz Y now also has hives like me... Or maybe there was not enuf alcohol consumed to disinfect the allergens, whatever they were.)

No comments: