Sunday, May 01, 2005

Losing the Plot

No. I am not referring to me losing the plot; I can't lose what I never had in the first place. I am talking about the Wench Mum. I think that she is really losing the plot. I have a blog called The Wench Mum Chronicles where I write about some of the eccentric things that my mother gets up to, but after today's outburst I am not sure if I should continue to write about her antics as before.

It's quite scary...

The Wench Mum and I were supposed to go shopping today; I had said that we will leave the house around 10am, but unfortunately I fell asleep at around 9am after spending the entire night on my PC. Mum gave up on the idea of shopping all together even tho I woke up at 1pm and told her that we had plenty of time to look for some computer accessories for her. I know that I should have upheld my promise to leave at 10am, but hell it's a holiday, and leaving 3hours later than planned is probably slightly annoying, and not much else.

But, the saga didn't stop at a slight inconvinience.

The crazy woman started to punch the walls and kick furniture till her knuckles started to bleed!!!!!! WTF!!! How crazy is that! She was just screaming at a high pitch coz she was seriously pissed off that I had disrupted her plans and was ready to start hurling shit out of the window!! I told her to calm down but she was shouting and throwing things at me. This is a 60 yo woman throwing a temper tantrum like a 2yo; the scary thing is that this is not the first time that she has acted in this manner.

The woman is exhibiting signs of neurodegeneration which could be attributed to senile dimentia, Alzheimer's, or even CJD. If indeed her brain is atrophying due to old age, it won't be long before she can't remember who I am, or where she lives...

Fuck. I need a drink.

3 comments:

LingLing said...

hey, is the fixer-upper meant for the mum, or for DWR?

My vote: to be on the safe side, administer suggested med's liberally to both.

Thanks for stopping by my site, DWR! Hope you can get over your writer's block, and that your depression lifts--I'll be back,
cheers, LingLing

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Yoga is the answer... see you at DK Yoga :-)

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

I know, I know.... Drugs for the Wench Mum (luckily I'm a pharmacologist) and Yoga for me...

I just wish I had more time to do all the things I have on my "To Do's" list; but alas, I have none.

Off to Australia next week, and running around trying to save the planet the week after. All just a normal day for the DWR.