Sunday, May 08, 2005

Living Out Of A Suitcase...

I have lived out of a suitcase since I was 10 years old (I grew up in a boarding school, but I will tell you about that later). This evening I have to pack my suitcase (again) for a business trip to Sydney. Business trips sound glamourous, but they are really quite boring; they are not much more than an extension of a rush hour commute. Instead of spending 1.5hrs on your way to work, you spend 9hrs (including your beauty sleep) on a comfortable, 1st class treatment to your office.

For 2 days.

That is the reality of business trips. It is neither glamourous, nor wonderful. For any graduates who are thinking of getting into an industry that invovles "International Travel", I want to stress that often you spend 3hrs+ at airports getting from A to B, you are expected to go to the office even after a 9hr flight, and that there are no showers on board... even on 1st Class.

Living out of a suitcase sucks!

5 comments:

Kerry M. Conway said...

suit cases are better then seabags ;)

hope you are well love...

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Well my dear DWF, why don't you start your second business? Buy cosmetics cheaper outside and sell in Japan. Try to find positive side:-) Yeah, enjoy your mileage programmes.

Kerry M. Conway said...

hiiiiiiiii mizzzzzzzzziiiiieeeeeee!

Drunken Wench Rambler said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Drunken Wench Rambler said...

yeah... there are places that I could live that are worse than my suitcase. But the thing is that I would *prefer* to live in my own little place.

hmm... maybe I really should invest in a nice, personal, expensive suitcase.

Nah, scrap that thought!!