Friday, May 06, 2005

Fringe Benefits

I love fringe benefits.

For someone who spent a lot of time consulting various companies on how to reduce costs and increase profits I have taken full advantage of the stationary cabinet and added significantly to the SG&A of the companies that I have worked for. Not only did I used to get free internet access, use of PC, and stationary, I have also used the corporate card for "Entertainment Fees" that just would not hold water if I had worked for the accounts department. Consulting is an industry where you can just get away with using other people's money. And the more you can abuse the fringe benefits system, the better you are at your job.

I now peddle my arse to a pharma/consumer business/medical devices company. I no longer have the fringe benefits that I used to enjoy at the Pink Elephant... Not only do I now have to pay for my own stationary, but also I cannot install my own software on my work PC, I can't use IM, my internet traffic gets monitored by some Bozo in Singapore who will fire me for looking at "adult" sites in my free time, and I have to sign a piece of paper every year that says that I will not abuse the system.

Fuck that.

Luckily I have many ways to by-pass the system, and I will continue to be a blog warrior using my fringe benifits. My company does not pay me enuf to abide by their rules. I work for the IT department so I can cover my own arse! Never in my life have I *not* had fringe benefits, and I am not about to change my habits either.

Vivre la Fringe Benefits!

4 comments:

Kerry M. Conway said...

sheeeessssssss baaaacccckkkk!

*HUGGGZZZZZ* Darles, i have missed you so...!

Can i come to the wedding too?! *Smiles and picks up the phone-"JAL please"

LOVE YEAH! I MISS YEAH TOO =(

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

Yeah!!! Good to see you too, Kez, missed you too!! :)

Yup, I'm back, and hopefully I can get off my arse to blog like I used to. :)

LingLing said...

cool! glad you're both off hiatus.

Kat said...

Ok! WOW! I just leave your blog for a few moments and it's exploded!!! I kept clicking and it was all Katz vs. Dogs... day in day out... Now BAM!