Tuesday, March 22, 2005

So Where The F@K Am I?

Ok, so three days ago I got on a plane from Tokyo's Narita airport which took me 15hours back in time. I decided to take this bold step in time travel to see someone special who has been in my life for a while, but has always been half a day behind me. We used to leave each other messages online, or in the form of email, so that when the sun knocks on our bedroom windows we can see the shadows, the imprints, left behind from a different time and a different place.

Time travel? Shadows and imprints from a different time and space? WTF, DWR?! It sounds like a bad script for a B-grade science fiction/love story (i.e. total feckin' madness), but I kid you not. Nick lives in Wisconsin, and I live in Tokyo. That is the story, and this is where I have been for the past 2 or 3 days. (Can't seem to work out what time I am living in.)

Ok, so now that I have travelled 15hours back in time do I look and feel younger? No... In fact I am still combating not only the ugly hives that manifested itself after eating dodgy seafood, but also:
  1. Dry skin caused by the excessive tanning in Thailand and the freezedry conditions of the 12 hour flight on the 747 (oh yes, I know, it takes 12hours to travel 15hours back in time -- go figure! Who came up with the concept of time?!)
  2. Tight hamstrings caused by being carted in the foetal position for half a day on "No-I-Don't-Know-Where-Your-Baggage-Is-But-It's-Somewhere-In-The-Western-Hemisphere" Airlines (and why do I need flexible hamstrings? go work it out for yourself!)
  3. Jet lag, or some other form of sleeping disorder that is biting heavily into my month's worth of benzodiazepine supply (not a good sign coz I need my jellies.)
  4. Dry eyes -- dunno the cause, but it could be something to do with the horse tranqs that I am using to combat #3 (kiddin' -- not using horse tranqs, yet, but if this sleeping disorder does not fix itself I am going to have to turn to my old friend, rhohipnol which is bad news coz he's bad company, and would probably make me lose ANOTHER 15 hours and I'll end up in Ulanbatur, or something. And that would not be good coz I came all the way out to Wisconsin, not somewhere along the silk road.)

Thankfully, Nick does not seem too bothered, or in the least bit concerned, about the above symptoms so that is one salvation. (Who is Nick? If you don't know? Here, read this.) My other consolation is that I made an extra looooooong booking at Boudoir BEFORE I came to the shores of Lake Michigan, and did some serious body maintenance. Luckily I am realatively youthful not to warrant major roadworks done on my body, but there were a few potholes that had to be fixed and "grass cutting" at the day spa. Nothing major, but enuf to keep the list to a minimum for now.

Phew!

(Post script: I am not particularly looking forward to travelling 15hours into the future again in a month's time -- reason? I'll age once more, which means that I will have *additional* items to add to my "fight aging" list, and I will have to resort to leaving little time capsules for Nick like I used to...)

3 comments:

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

OPMTH -- mate, that is a long acronym!! anyway, thanks for the compliment. How did I get this way? Go read the Wench Mum Chronicles, they may give you an insight...

Maverick said...

Hope you have a wonderful visit!

Spitting in a Wishing Well

Anonymous said...

So you're in the states now...what happened to:
"Going to the US? no way! They fingerprint tourists there!!! DWR is NOT going to be a "number" on another database -- she is already a 10 digit number in too many places...."???
What love can do...