Monday, August 01, 2005

Moving, Living, Moving On

In the end it took the 3 movers only 2.5 hours to move 60 items/boxes into my new house. It was very impressive considering that the municipality had contracted a bunch of cowboys (probably with a second job as traffic wardens during the weekday) to dig up the road in front of my house. By 1pm I was unpacking boxes after boxes of my clothes and hanging them up with only one intention: I am going to have some structure and order in my wardrobe... this time. (I think I said that the last time I moved homes.) My mind is set: I am going to live in this house for at least 2 years, maybe 3 or 4 even. I am going to do up my area of the communal garden, put out deck chairs on the wooden patio, and place potted flowers in the window boxes outside the upstairs bedrooms.

I'm going to "live" here. Just me, and my cats, Belle and George. Just me. And I'm going to live.

Since I ended my relationship with Nick last week I have been walking in a daze half of the time, thinking of all the "what if"s between us. I've tried to fill my time with Yoga, rock climbing, dinner with friends, and anything that I can think of at the time. I even went and got my hair cut into a short bob, which everyone seems to notice, and like, today at the office. "DWR? What is it? You look different... Ah, you cut your hair!"

Yes, I did. And I am going to make a fresh start, while I hold onto the good memories that I have with Nick, for they are treasures that are part of my life.

So, now that this chapter in my life titled "Nick" is over, what am I going to do next that is radical and crazy and unusual and uncharacteristic and fun and positive and incredibly silly and unbelievably sad and pathetic?

Speed Dating.

(more about speed dating tomorrow...)

2 comments:

CrushedDreams said...

Good luck in your new apartment..and the next step of life.

dieselheffa said...

I'd rather just drink than do speed dating....more fun and easier to pay attention and remember everything.

thecomplicatedmind.blogspot.com