Sunday, October 31, 2004

Mysticism and the Art of Science

I'm a believer of science. I believe that the world can be understood and worshiped through classification and organising, just like Aristotle did.... but the problem is that this does not happen. I am forever trying to classify every thing, but am always unsuccessful...

My next question is: have others noticed the same?

Probably, and probably not.

Just like most people I take the commuter train each morning to go to the office. every day I notice a man sitting in the same carriage in the same suit all the way to the finial terminal. I see him sleeping, not taking particular care about his own existance and the routine that he has developed for himself: Musashikisugi St. at 8:48am, third carriage from the front, seat always on the lefthand side near the exit... and that has been his "raison d'etre" for the past 2+ years.

He must have found his own classification: genus homosapiens 8:48 anti meridien kosugi tricarriage levo proxi exitus.

I will classify him as another lost soul... Tomorrow I will ride in a different carriage.

1 comment:

Ouija27 said...

I read one of these posts, and then I can sit here for a long time just thinking about the ideas DWR is posting. This one is really good I must say. I, like DWR, see this happening often enough. While I do not take a train to work or even take the same way to work, I still notice the 'lost souls.' For a prime example, just take a walk around a neighborhood, like mine for instance. You can see the glowing of the TV(s) and if you glance in the window while walking by, you can usually see someone or a number of someones glued to the TV(s). Then walk past those same houses 5 or even 8 hours later and what do you see as you once agian glance toward the house and look in the window? The same someone or someones watching the same TV(s). How boring?
I personally have not watched more than an hour of TV in the past year. I like to watch movies and such, but no TV... well some shows way back in the day were good right (Cosby, Cheers, Speed Racer). But people are wasting their lives on it. It is like Cancer. I would rather they get on the net and maybe learn something and use some skill - (ie. typing, or moving the mouse at least.) And look I know you can learn quite a bit from TV, such as The History Channel (awesome network), TLC, H&G and so forth, but all in all the programing is stale. That is what I say.
So yeah I agree with you on this idea of people being lost souls, how ever I do not think that I am clever enough to classify them. I will try:

genus homosapiens TV engrosus

I have no clue what is going on...