Friday, February 24, 2006

Back Before You Knew I Was Gone

I just came back from the Australia, where I attended a 1/2 day conference in the Gold Coast, and 2 day meeting with my colleagues in Sydney. It was just so refreshing to be in the southern hemisphere basking in the sun on most days, only to come back to the shitty weather in Tokyo...

Yeah, why is it that I live in this cold weather?

I should be genetically acclimatised to warm/hot, high altitude, equatoral environments with two seasons -- dry and wet, but where have I lived? Cold, miserable lowlands with 4, or 5 seasons, all of which are relatively cold. Now how does that work out? Why are most "industrialised" places located in areas predisposed to shitty weatherfronts? Whose stupid idea was it to build a city of over 12 million people in a place that has 6 seasons (winter, spring, typhoon 1, summer, typhoon 2, autumn) and sits on a junction of 3 tectonic plates? (yes, we have a minor earthquake every month)

Ok, today I am pissed off because I had to go through Syndey airport and buy a bottle of wine for my friends and my brother, but none for me. I had to just walk past the gallons and gallons of beautiful booze that oooooozed yumminess, and a good drunken night with my DWFs, and just "Let Go, and Let God"... (?!)I mean, I just sat in a warm, dry, easygoing fun place like the Gold Coast, even though it was for work, only to return to a cold miserable high risk city via a rack of duty free booze???

Not fair...

(If there *is* a god, and it's reading this blog, would you please just remove the alocoholic, junkie gene from me so that I can just carry on with my life like a NORMAL person??? Thx. DWR)

2 comments:

Tracy O'Brien said...

That is a brilliant post! I just wanted to leave a comment.. let u know what I thought! I can't believe you have 6 seasons.. that sounds kinda ick.. we have 4.. but the most common characteristic is rain.. guess you have no choice but to get used to it!

Anyway.. continue writing..

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

cheerz! yeah, I should write more frequently...

been lazy (again) lately.

DWR