Friday, June 17, 2005

Oh Dear...

Poor Sunshine.

I kind of feel sorry for him today -- it's been nearly a week since he went off to Singapore to answer to his BIG boss, the regional business head, who everyone refers to as SB, about the state that our project is in. SB was obviously not too pleased to hear that such a large, risky project has come to a halt for now. Today I had a chance to talk to Sunshine about settling accounts with our vendors, and he sounded like he was having a bit of a hard time with what's been going on.

"Hello, DWR. Yes, yes, please fax me the approval form so that I can sign it and settle the bills; I'll leave the rest up to you, please contact the financial controller before monday."

"Sunshine, where have you been tracking the project costs? I need to double check with the invoice that we have received."

"Oh, shit, well, I have not had captial appropriation for this project, so I was going to expense everything until I got the OK from headquarters. I was going to start tracking budget vs. actuals once I got full approval."

"Great... I'll tell you what, why don't you just leave it with me -- just don't even bother to think about the small things, you just deal with SB. I will create a master schedule for this project, and give you an actual cost based on all the activities and deliverables. I'll look at the contract, work out from there what needs to be paid, and what needs to be pushed back.
And please, from now on, just let us in IT deal with the daily management of this project; IT project management is our core competency, not yours. We will just report to you, so that you can keep the CEO happy. How about that?
"

"Thanks DWR... you've been of great help. I really appreciate your input and support on this project...."

And with that, Sunshine trailed off. I think he's getting bollocked by SB. Oh well. Once he returns from Singapore next monday, we can all try to cheer him up DWR tyle -- go out on the piss! YEAH! (and this time, I'll give him some slack if he starts to tell us stories of his sexual conquest during his business trip.)

4 comments:

Kerry M. Conway said...

omg woman your life is so busy these days!!! hands you a cup of hot tea, rest some dwr, rest...

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

thank you kezza, I need it more than anything!! phew!! Aaaaaahhhh, yes, that *IS* a lovely cup of hot tea....

thank you, sweetie, you are a star!

Kerry M. Conway said...

where are you darles? i hope all is well...

happy 4th of july!!!

Drunken Wench Rambler said...

happy 4th of July to y'all!