Thursday, July 07, 2005

1001 Nights Without Nick

(I know that some of you want to know about me and Nick... well here it is -- censored)

I recently read a book called The Curse of the Singles Table by Suzanne Scholosberg. It's a story about a woman who went without sex (involuntarily) for over 3 years before she met her partner for life, Paul.

The closest I have got to that record is only a half, but nonetheless impressive... And Nick broke that spell, I suppose.

As some of you readers know I met Nick online and in under a year of corresponding with him I decided to take a plane halfway round the world to visit him for a month. I never stayed in a hotel to keep my distance, nor did I call up my female friends to rescue me from a bad date.

I spent an entire month with a man who I had never met.

Nick and I still converse with each other, although we have many obstacles that not many people face (e.g distance), but when I think about him I always have a warm feeling inside me. I last saw Nick in mid April, but I still think about him.

He lives pretty much on the other side of the planet to me; he likes to stay at home and chill out, whereas I love to go out and try out new things/food. He likes order and structure, whereas I believe that everything can be "improved",(i.e nothing stays the same), he likes hiphop/rap, and I like mellow jazz/rock.

But it does not matter at all, because its the fundamentals that matter. I can see his honesty and essence when I look straight into his eyes. (he has big lovely eyes)

Nick, the only thing that I would request from you.... come and lie down with me, and make love to me every night.

Kiss me and make love to me me the way you so wonderfuly do.


I miss being part of you...

2 comments:

Clifford Duffy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vicious Summer said...

My dear Drunken Wench, I don't know how you do it. The only thing Stefan (whom I also met online ;)...) and I argue about is wanting to spend more time together. We want to see each other EVERY day, not every OTHER day! And that sad thing is that we only live a 30-40 minute drive from each other...